Friday, October 29, 2010

LATE PEOPLE

Well. It's a great yet chilly Friday night and I'm sitting at a booth alone waiting for my friends to show up mind you they are and hour late. I guess it's true what they say about a watched pot because I keep looking at the door waiting for them to walk through it. What is it with people and time? And I hate to say it but what is it with black people and time? We can not get it together. I just don't understand. U can say meet me at 8 o'clock and then 9 o clock rolls around and we are just strolling through the door like everything is ok and all is good in the world. I just don't understand this mentality. Don't you know that punctuality is a virtue. Something to strive for. In this day and age when everyone is networking and living very busy lives there is very little tolerance for tardiness. I find that I'm blogin the most when people have annoyed or offended me. Back to the subject at hand mind you it's hard to focus because the table next to me is loud as hell. But what do you expect at a bar? Anyways. What's also annoying is that when you ask the late arrivals how much longer its going to be before they actually do arrive and they say a few minutes knowing full well that a few minutes means another thirty. Is age directly related as well? I'm a bit older than the people I'm waiting for. I know things happen and geez I can't complain to much but I'm never more than 15 minutes late. My time is very valuable to me and I don't have time to sit in a packed bar waiting on two people who don't care about my time. Well that's all I have to say on the subject. I should tell you not to feel to bad for me. I consider myself pretty clever when it comes to these matters. Which is why I have plenty of games and music on my phone for such instances. Also readers you should know that I didn't even leave my house until I was reasonably sure that they were on the way here and sadly they are still frigging late. What does that say? So although I've only been hear about 20 mins verses an hour and a half. I'm still pissed. Ha. Trust it will be made quite clear that I will never wait on them again if this is how I'm to be treated. I know my limits and tardiness is a huge pet peeve. I'm kind of glad that I've had time to spend blogging though I wish it were on a happier note. Oh well. I've lived and I have learned. I'm not to bitter after all the long island I'm drinking is lifting my spirits!

No comments:

Post a Comment